Following the government announcement on Monday evening the North Norfolk Railway has now closed entirely until further notice. Changes have therefore been made to the following special events:
- We are in discussion with the owners of the two locomotives that were due to attend the Spring Steam Gala on the 27 – 29 March to attend a new date later in the summer. We will announce this once the progression of the pandemic and government restrictions becomes clearer.
- The VE Day celebration has been cancelled nationally and it is currently planned for it to take place on the 15 / 16th August along with the VJ Day celebration.
- The Dad’s Army Live! event has been postponed from the 24 / 25th May and we are in discussion with the Dad’s Army Museum at Thetford to agree a new date later in the summer.
- The ‘Day Out With Thomas’ event due to take place on the 29 – 31 May has been cancelled.
- An announcement will be made regarding the Mixed Traction Gala due to take place on the 12 – 14 June by the beginning of May.
Customers who have booked to travel on a dining train between today and the end of June will be contacted and offered alternative dates. We would strongly recommend that if you have a pre-booked ticket you move your booking to later in the 2020 season where possible. Please retain your ticket which will be valid to use later. Alternatively, we are happy to move your date of travel/event, to the 2021 season and honour 2020 prices where possible. For refunds on pre-booked tickets full T&Cs are applicable.
This is going to be a challenging period for all heritage railways as we rely on your visits to keep us running. Your understanding, patience and co-operation is appreciated and we thank you all in advance for your ongoing support.