Behind the Scenes Tours
Visit parts of the North Norfolk Railway not normally open to the public!
A Diesel evening ride for enthusiasts, taking you behind the scenes at NNR
- An evening Diesel trip to Holt and back to the engineering workshop at Weybourne
- Includes a guided tour of the Boiler Shop, Engine and Carriage Sheds.
- Refreshments available.
- Onboard Guide throughout your evening.
On selected evenings in April, May, June & September we operate Behind The Scenes Tours of the railway.
Take a tour around parts of the railway not usually open to the public. Depart Sheringham station at 6.30pm on board a diesel railcar.
When you arrive at Weybourne, you will have the opportunity to visit the machine shop where intricate parts for locomotives are made, the carriage and wagon shop where all of the rolling stock undergoes repairs and restoration, the running shed where steam and diesel locomotives are repaired and overhauled and see locomotives from the ground in the yard.
Take a look around Weybourne signal box and explore the station.
There will be time for tea and a piece of cake from the Weybourne Refreshment room before returning to Sheringham.
- Passengers should arrive at Sheringham station ready for an 18.30 departure.
- The tour will arrive back at Sheringham at around 21.00.
- Sensible shoes are recommended, please be aware that engine sheds are dirty places!
Prices, Availability & Booking
You can check prices and availability using our online booking service, just click the BOOK NOW! button above or if you would like more information or have any queries, please do not hesitate to Contact Us