Wisbech & Upwell Tramcar No 7

Build Date 1884
Operators Wisbech & Upwell Tramway
Status: In Service
Owned By

Wisbech & Upwell Tramcar (GER) No 7

Built in 1884 for the Wisbech & Upwell tramway and later transferred to the Kelvedon & Tollesbury branch before it closed, it then survived for 23 years as an onion store!

Following transfer to two preservation sites, it was passed into M&GN Society ownership in 2002. GER No.7’s sister vehicle, No.8 had a moment of fame in the 1952 Ealing Comedy, The Titfield Thunderbolt. Our No.7 has been restored with a replica bar, as per that fitted in No.8.